Food Knowledge Quiz
Do you eat to live, or do you live to eat? While it is one of the most basic things that a person needs to survive, it also plays an important part in the progression of various cultures on this planet. Almost every kind of food has an interesting story to tell from its name to its appearance and to the way that it is prepared. Some kinds of food have even transformed into other variations, as they were adopted by other cities and countries.
How well do you know the foods in this quiz? Proceed to find out!
- What popular Italian food with its various toppings and mouth-watering mozzarella cheese, is prepared as a round pie, delivered in a square box, then sliced into triangular wedges?PizzaLasagnaCarbonaraPesto
- This is one of the very few fruits with seeds outside its body, having an average of 200 seeds dotting its luscious red skin. Surprisingly, despite its name, it is not technically classified as a berry, owing to its external seeds. In addition, it contains a few minerals which are known to boost sex drive.RaspberryBlueberryStrawberryMulberry
- This is one of the most loved food types and flavors in the world, particularly in beverages, candies, and desserts like cakes and ice cream. It is prepared by roasting cacao seeds and grinding them into a bitter paste then used to flavor various foods. Many health experts suggest that this food in its pure dark form helps increase one's metabolism and lose weight.CoffeeCinnamonVanillaChocolate
- This is one of the world’s healthiest and most popular snack foods, commonly sold at the ticket booths of cinemas. It is a special type of corn that bursts into a chewy treat when exposed to heat. Studies have shown that movie theaters sell more of these than movie tickets!Pot piePopcornCheeseburgerTacos
- This dark-colored beverage, now enjoyed by billions and billions worldwide was first marketed as a wonder drug to heal all sorts of illnesses. The most popular brand of this drink was also responsible for inventing the modern image of Santa Claus that we know today.CoffeeRootbeerCiderCoke
- This milk-based food product is an important ingredient or topping in pizza, burgers, and spaghetti, but not in steak. Interestingly, it was created by accident around 4000 years ago! Some of its more well-known varieties are mozzarella and cheddar.ButterMargerineCheeseYogurt
- This is a dish consisting of chicken pieces that have been coated in a seasoned batter and are either pan-fried or deep-fried and served with various sauces such as gravy, ketchup, and hot sauce. The most popular fast food restaurant serving this dish has a logo of an old man with white hair in a white suit.Pot pieFried ChickenTurkey SandwichSausages
- Beer is one of the oldest and most popular alcoholic drinks around the world. After water and tea, it is the third most popular drink. In 2018, the Czech Republic came out as the country with the highest beer consumption with 191.8 liters of beer per capita. Among the four choices, one is not a type of beer. Which one is it?AleLagerPilsnerMerlot
- When the Aztecs discovered this fruit in 1500 BC, they named it ahuacatl which literally translates to the word testicle. It is not a big surprise considering its shape, as well as its often wrinkly skin. It is the main ingredient in the Mexican favorite dish, guacamole.RambutanAvocadoPearMango
- This is a traditional Mexican dish that consists of small hand-sized corn or wheat shells topped with a variety of fillings that include beef, pork, chicken, seafood, beans, vegetables, and topped with chili or cheese. It has become so popular that it has made its way into mainstream American fast food, having its own day of celebration. The national day for this food is on the fourth of October.BurritoShawarmaTacosKebab
- This black beverage is made from ripe berries which are handpicked from a woody plant, dried, roasted and ground to be brewed into this addictive drink that we all know and love. It is said that it contains more antioxidants than green tea. It's more popular varieties include Arabica and Robusta.CoffeeBlack teaColaLatte
- This controversial Canadian invention is a combination of french fries and cheese curds topped with brown gravy. It originated in Quebec in the 1950s and despite being mocked for quite some time, it has become almost a national symbol. In the 1970s it was served at clubs as a late-night side dish and was called "disco fries".Deer hamLasagnaPoutineToronto Pizza