What Career Should You Have? (“What Job Should I Have”)
“What Job Should I Have”
You have to choose an answer for each of the questions. It’s possible that both of the descriptions suit you, but always choose the one you like or prefer better.
This test aims to discover your true self, the choices are neither good nor bad, so don’t think about expectations from your boss, your colleagues, your family and your friends.
- we have added over 100 more jobs in our results - 2014/6/12
- we improved the gender factor to the results - 2014/6/16
- Which gender are you?FemaleMaleI refuse to answer this question.
- In your spare time, you prefer to:watch movies, listen to music, sing Karaoke, enjoy a drama or paint.DIY projects, for instance, tinkering with electronics or growing plants; or to do sports such as football, running, cycling and swimming.
- If you could donate a sum of money, you’d like to give it to:the film crew of the science fiction movie X-men.NGOs, public-awareness organisations and fund raising foundations like the WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature.)
- Which kind of work suits you best?nine-to-five jobsjobs with flexible working hours
- Which of the following makes you feel more accomplished?doing a job well in my own way.leading a team to achieve my goals.
- If you and your friend open a bar together, and you have decided to make a wine cabinet by yourselves, how would you do it?my friend designs, and I make it.I design, and my friend makes it.
- You’re prone to be upset about or impatient when:doing things in person.persuading others to help me do things.
- On vacation, you prefer:climbing or hiking, a self-service tour, or having some outdoor adventures.to stay at home and relax, or to go on a short package tour with a travel agency.
- If your boyfriend/girlfriend gives you an SLR camera, you would:read the instructions first.try to take pictures with it immediately and wonder at its complexity.
- You would prefer to be:a craftsman, and live on my professional skills.a teacher or someone who can help others, as this can afford me great satisfaction.
- You are more gifted at:writing and creating art.doing research and analysis.
- At parties, you prefer:to be a spectator, observing other people’s speech and behavior.to be involved and become the focus of the party.
- If you have the chance to meet a master of their field from the past, you’d prefer:to talk with Einstein, ask his opinion on some scientific problems, and learn from him the way that he thinksto talk with Freud and his students, and to know more about their lives as great psychologists.
- In your job, you believe:it’s more important to do your work well, than to be a leader which is exhausting and unrealistic.it’s more interesting to be the head of a company or a project.
- After work I prefer:to go home and stay with my family.to hang out with my friends.
- If you had the chance of living for one hour on this same day 10 years in the future and fulfilling one wish, you’d like to know:the stock index, the housing prices and the commercial trends of the past 10 years.the way my friends, my loved ones and I have lived in the past 10 years.
- In your opinion, who is more accomplished?Leonardo da Vinci - who is a painter, sculptor, musician, architect, engineer and inventor.Bill Gates - who created Microsoft and changed people’s lives with IT.
- Do you prefer detective novels to romantic ones?yesno
- If your mom is always cleaning up your room, even though you have asked her not to, what would you do if she comes cleaning again?I would be very angry and yell at her: “This is where my inspiration comes from!”I would be upset that she disrupts the order of things but say nothing.
- Do you prefer to lose yourself in your imagination rather than think about real life?yesno
- If you have one year of leisure in your life to spare, you’d like to spend it in:traveling around the world on my own.being a volunteer in an impoverished region/country and helping others with my expertise.
- You take great delight in and are good at:thinking, analyzing and playing intellectual games.making stuff with my own hands.
- In your job, you prefer:to make plans myself and don’t like others intervening.to ask for instructions from my boss on a regular basis and to make reasonable plans.
- If there’s something wrong with the mixer you’ve just bought, you would:locate the problem and fix it myself.ask for a replacement or free repair from the manufacturer.
- If you can travel back in time and rewrite history, you’d prefer:to improve the use of gunpowder which I invented.to be a great statesman and conduct social reforms.
- Time permitting, which would you prefer:Spending 2-3 years studying a subject I have an interest in.living an easy life.
- Which TV programs do you prefer:Discovery and BBC documentaries.financial and economic programs, like the Apprentice.
- If you were given $1 million and had to donate it, you’d like to give it to:scientific research that I’m interested in.MSF, or Doctors without Borders.
- When you were with your friends as a child, you wouldsimply just play with them.think of something in order to lead everyone to play.
- Do you take an unbiased stand towards social problems?yesno
- I’m prone to:giving advice voluntarily.listening to other people’s thoughts.