Left Brain Right Brain Test
The idea of delineation of tasks between the left and right brain is not just an idea people have thrown around – it’s backed up by scientific proof. American neuropsychologist Roger Sperry won the 1981 Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine for his work in split-brain research. Want to know which side of your brain, left or right, is more dominant and by how much? Take this left brain right brain test to get the most accurate results.
One of the questions on this test requires audio, please have your speakers on or have your earphones ready.
- Optimized the resources in this quiz so this page would load very fast now - Jul, 2016
- The pictures used in this test are all SVG vector graphics, with complete support of all mobile devices and tablets - Jan, 2017
- Improved the result information - Mar 2017
- Add more tips and meta information for this test - Jul 7, 2023
- Which subjects do you prefer?Math or similar academic classesMusic or similar art classes
- When you hear a new song, you usually:Check up the lyrics of the song firstListen to the melody and rhythm first
What do you pay more attention to in the picture below?The numberThe shape
- When you're meeting someone, you typically:Show up early, just in case.Arrive on time or slightly later.
- When reading a book or an article:I pay attention to every word and every detail.I prefer to skim through and focus on the most interesting parts.
- If you were to cook right now (and you have some cooking experience), you would rather:Follow a recipe step by step.Not use a recipe and just freestyle it to create something new.
If a person is asking you for directions from the red star to the yellow dot, what would you say?Go straight for 100m, make a right at the intersection, go 50m and you're there.Go straight until you see building A at the intersection, make a right, go straight and it'll be across the street from building B.
- When you watch a movie, you pay more attention to:The storyline.The acting.
- You think what is most admirable about a successful businessman/businesswoman and philanthropist is:His/her business insight and keen judgementHis/her devotion to charity work and helping others
- While working on math problems, you run into one that you've done before and you had gotten it right the first time around. With plenty of time to work on the problem, you would:Solve the problem the way you had solved it the first time.Try to solve the problem using a different approach.
- When it comes to math problems, you are better at:straight forward number calculationsproblems involving shapes
- Please close one eye and look forward with the other eye for 3 seconds before choosing an answer.I closed my right eye.I closed my left eye.
- Of the two graphics below, which one do you like more?AB
Listen to the 2 audio clips below. Which one do you like more?The first oneThe second one
- Would you rather go to an academic panel discussion or an art exhibition?Academic panel discussionArt exhibition
- Which type of novels do you prefer?Novels such as Sherlock HolmesNovels such as Harry Potter
If you were to describe to someone the relative positioning of the eggplant and watermelon in the picture below, you would be more likely to:Tell the other person: "The eggplant is to the top left and the watermelon is to the bottom right, they are facing each other."Describe the positioning by motioning and gesturing with your hands.
- Your room is usually:Very neat. I like to organize and categorize all of my belongings.Not super neat. As long as I feel comfortable and relaxed, it's fine.
Which choice do you think is correct?：RedRedBlue
- If you were to learn something new, you would choose to learn:A new languageA new art form such as drawing or dancing
- Regarding time management, which choice describes you more accurately?I have a detailed schedule that I follow strictly. I like to make the most of my time.I am more lax with my time and prefer not to set too many rules. I like to live more freely.
- Which of the following choices most resembles the shape below?
- Use your finger to draw the letter C on your forehead. The C you drew:Has the opening of the letter facing the direction of your right eyeHas the opening of the letter facing the direction of your left eye
- Which picture do you prefer?12
- Which picture do you prefer?12
- When you are arguing with someone, how would you usually go about convincing the other person that you are right?Give factual examples or statistical data as evidenceAnalyze the other person's argument to find flaws in their logic and then counterattack
- What best describes your wardrobe?I prefer clean and simple clothes and usually stick to just a few colors.I prefer a variety of styles and bright, vibrant colors.
- If you could succeed at either of the professions listed below, which would you rather choose?An astronomer, dedicated to discovering the truth of a galactic mystery.A novelist working on a story about a superhero saving humanity from doomsday.
- You're traveling with some friends. When you're hanging out together at night, what would you talk about?Interesting things that you saw or that happened during the day.Ghost stories
- If you were to give a birthday present to your 5-year-old self, you'd get yourself:An action-figure or stuffed toyLegos or puzzles
- Your gender:FemaleMaleTransgender FemaleTransgender MaleGender Variant/Non-ConformingNot ListedPrefer Not to Answer