How Texan Are You?
Texas is a beautiful, vibrant state with a broad variety of ecosystems and diverse cultural communities. With its size and history, Texas has a bit of everything. Although it’s one of the largest and most prominent states in the US, there are many things that are not particularly well known about Texas. This quiz can help you figure out exactly how Texan you are!
- Texas is home to the world’s largest colonies of:GeeseAntsBatsMosquitoesToads
- Texas is pretty big, right? Which country could fit—twice—inside Texas?JapanGermanyMexicoMalaysiaRussia
- The fastest road in America is in Texas. It’s a 40-mile stretch of toll road between Austin and San Antonio. What’s the speed limit on this road?120 miles per hour110 mph100 mph90 mph80 mph
- How many times could the state of Texas fit into the state of Alaska?Half a timeOnceTwo and a half timesThree timesTwice
- Which animal product is Texas the number one producer of in the US?MilkBeefWoolCheeseLeather
- Which former US president was born in Texas?George W. BushGeorge H.W. BushRonald ReaganJohn F. KennedyLyndon Johnson
- What’s the state bird of Texas?CardinalNorthern MockingbirdScreech OwlOrioleBlue Jay
- What’s the Texas state flower?Dog roseFoxgloveGoldenrodSunflowerBluebonnet
- Which Texas city has the largest population?Fort WorthHoustonDallasSan AntonioAustin
- What’s the origin of the phrase “Don’t Mess with Texas?”The Texas Revolution in 1835College football rivalriesThe Civil WarAn anti-littering campaignA presidential election
- Which Texas city has the most live music venues per capita in the US?AustinDallasSan AntonioHoustonFort Worth
- What’s the Texas state motto?One Nation Under GodDon’t Mess with TexasFriendshipWhere’s The Beef?Dude, where’s my car?
- What popular soft drink was born in Texas?CokePepsiMountain DewDr Pepper7-Up
- Texas also boasts the largest urban bat colony. Where do they live?HoustonSan AntonioAustinFort WorthDallas
- How many nations have ruled over Texas?OneEightTwoThreeSix
- How many of the top 10 most populous US cities are within the borders of Texas?NoneOneTwoThreeFour