Alabama Geography Test
Are you an Alabama geography expert?
"Alabama The Beautiful" has some of the best scenery and landscapes in the United States of America. Do you know what they are and where to find them? What are the oldest towns in the State of Alabama? What kind of natural wonders and wildlife can you find there? Is Alabama geography on your map of expertise?
Find out how much you know about the mountains, caves, rivers, borders, and little-known geographical features, facts, and fun of Alabama! Will you be surprised with your Alabama quiz score?
- What geographical feature is Wetumpka named "Alabama's oldest natural disaster"?Wetumpka FallsThe Wetumpka CanyonThe Wetumpka Meteor CraterThe Wetumpka Caverns
- The State of Alabama has a lot of these underground.RiversCoal MinesCavesVolcanoes
- 70% of The State of Alabama is covered by what?MountainsCoastlineForestWater
- What region in the United States is The State of Alabama located in?NorthwesternNortheasternSouthwesternSoutheastern
- How many square miles in size is The State of Alabama?52,419 square miles32,415 square miles44,419 square miles50,002 square miles
- What mountain range can be found in The State of Alabama?The Rocky MountainsThe Appalachian MountainsThe Smokey MountainsThe Andes Mountains
- How many counties does the State of Alabama have in it?47576737
- What is the capital city of Alabama?BirminghamMontgomeryFlorenceAthens
- What is the largest city by population in The State of Alabama?MontgomeryHuntsvilleBirminghamTuscumbia
- What state is on the northern border of Alabama?TennesseeGeorgiaMississippiFlorida
- What state is on the southern border of Alabama?TennesseeGeorgiaFloridaMississippi
- What state is on the eastern border of Alabama?TennesseeMississippiGeorgiaFlorida
- What state is on the western border of Alabama?ArkansasTexasMississippiGeorgia
- How many National Forest are there in The State of Alabama?3246
- What is Alabama's highest point of elevation?Cheaha MountainLookout MountainRed MountainOzark Mountain
- What is the lowest point in The State of Alabama?Dauphin IslandThe Cumberland PlateauThe Gulf of MexicoThe Piedmont Plateau
- What geographical feature lies about 3 miles off of the Alabama coast, rich in seafood?Piedmont PlateauGulf of MexicoDauphin IslandMobile
- What is the climate like in Alabama?TropicalSubtropicalVery DryCold
- How many major rivers are located in The State of Alabama?4735
- What is Alabama's top natural resource?TimberWaterSoilWildlife