Do You Have Depression?
Most people feel sad or depressed at times. It's a normal reaction to loss or life's challenges. But when depression takes hold of your life with moderate or severe intensity, it might be time to take action by seeking support!
Do you feel like having a low mood and a loss of interest in activities? Is your depression causing you to stop leading your normal life and does everything seem harder to do? Take this test to find out if you have depression!
- A friendly reminder: This test is not for medical reference. Please go to a clinic for professional advice if needed.
- I feel blue and empty when I wake up in the morning.TrueFalseNeither
- It becomes hard to find pleasure in activities I used to enjoy.TrueFalseNeither
- I would rather open my heart to a stranger in the cyber world than to someone in real life.TrueFalseNeither
- I have trouble falling/staying asleep/sleeping too much.TrueFalseNeither
- I always feel tired or having little energy.TrueFalseNeither
- My appetite is currently smaller than usual.TrueFalseNeither
- I feel like eating all the time even if I'm not hungry at all.TrueFalseNeither
- I might overreact sometimes.TrueFalseNeither
- Getting up early in the morning is harder than falling asleep early for me.True - I don't like to get up earlyFalse - I don't like to go to bed earlyNeither
- I don't care about my appearance as much as I used to.True - Just let it beFalse - I still careNeither
- I feel bad when I think about myself, I often think that I'm a failure or have let myself or my family down.TrueFalseNeither
- I feel like lacking energy and motivation.TrueFalseNeither
- My sex drive has decreased.TrueFalseI didn't notice yet.
- I have thoughts about harming myself.FrequentlyNeverOccasionally
- I feel agitated or restless (I pace, am unable to stay calm, or need to move constantly).TrueFalseNeither
- I feel so guilty that I can barely take it.TrueFalseNeither
- I have had some hard times in my life.TrueFalseNeither
- When needed, I can make up my mind quickly.TrueFalseNeither
- I get mad at myself if I do not achieve the goals I have set for myself.TrueFalseNeither
- When something is bothering me, I cannot stop thinking about it.TrueFalseNeither
- I do things and react slowly.TrueNoNeither
- I always take offense when someone's joking in an impolite way, even if it's not targeting me.TrueFalseNeither
- Staying alone makes me feel safer than being surrounded by others.TrueFalseNeither
- Things have been getting on top of me.TrueFalseNeither
- I blame myself unnecessarily when things go wrong.All the timeNeverSometimes
- I've felt scared or panicky for no good reason.TrueFalseNeither
- I'm suffering from physical discomfort without a medical cause (e.g., headaches, stomach or gastrointestinal upset, muscle aches, pains, or cramps).FrequentlyNeverSometimes
- I don't believe anyone would help me with my current situation.TrueFalseNeither
- I have even thought about hurting my close friends and family.FrequentlyNeverSometimes
- I have thoughts about ending my life.FrequentlyNeverOne or two times