Anxiety Disorder Test
2 Mins Test, Instant Results
This test is a simulation. You must answer as if you just graduated from school and are looking for a job. Whatever stage in life you are currently at, please answer based on your current outlook in life (Do not consider your past choices and behaviors).
- Reality anxiety is the fear of real-world events.
- Neurotic anxiety is the unconscious worry that we will lose control of our urges, resulting in punishment for inappropriate behaviors.
- Moral anxiety is the fear of violating our own moral principles.
- You just graduated and received a job offer from an internet company right after the interview...I am a little nervous as it is my first real job. I start to worry about whether I'll say the wrong things, make a fool of myself, or come across as annoying to others on my first day at work.I am a little nervous but I don't know why. I will usually research about the company and prepare everything I think I'll need to get ready for my first day at work.I will still think about my interview and wonder about what I said or did was good or bad or if I should or shouldn't have said something.I feel very happy after receiving the offer. I will announce the good news to my parents and to all my friends. I will sleep well tonight!It is not a big deal. This is what I expected.
- Next morning, you are on the bus on the way to work and get stuck in traffic. Although you are well prepared and have plenty of time, the traffic is very heavy. You...Get off and take the subway (or shared bike) instead.Start to blame yourself for not checking the traffic before leaving home.Have faith that you will not be late. You stay on the bus.Are very worried about being late and keep looking at your watch. You are still on the bus.Don't care.
- Luckily, you arrived at work on time. In the elevator, you bumped into the interviewer who was very strict in the interview. When he see you, he smiles and praises you for your performance in the interview...I am very happy to see him. I would not have gotten the offer without him. We have a pleasant conversation.I recoil as I recall how I felt about him during the interview.I'm very surprised by his unexpected kind words. I feel a little nervous and tell him that I will do my best and work hard at my new job.I feel a little nervous and uncomfortable with facing him as I still remember how strict he was in the interview.I'm comfortable receiving his praises.
- Near the end of a long first day of hard work, you and your colleagues finally resolve a huge problem that arose earlier. They invite you to join them for drinks after work...I politely refuse their invitation because I have to get up early for work the next day.I accept the invitation but I don't enjoy it because I'm worried about waking up on time for work the next day.It is a good opportunity to meet my colleagues and so I accept the invitation. Considering I have to get up early the next day, I don't drink.I'm very happy to be invited for drinks with my colleagues. I will enjoy the experience after a long hard day at work.I don't think much about it. I accept the invitation and have a drink.
- After working for a few weeks, your life gradually gets back to normal. One day, your boss asks you to meet him at his office.I will try to recall what I've done recently and act very upset about my mistakes at work.I don't know why my boss is asking to meet me but I feel a little worried.I will feel very worried thinking that I've done something wrong.Although I made some mistakes at work, my boss probably just wants to give me some encouragement.I don't think about anything. I'll know when I see him.
- Your boss thanks you for your work and encourages you to continue to work harder if you want to get promoted...Although my boss is encouraging me to keep working hard, I think that he really wants me to be more competitive.His words are just simple encouragement.His words gives me a sense of urgency. I tell him that I'll work harder.I think my boss is actually saying that I need to work harder.I know myself well. His words give me motivation.
- When you come out of the boss' s office, you see your colleague, John, standing in the doorway. When he see you, he smiles at you.John was eavesdropping on my conversation with the boss. John might be out to get me.I don't think too much about it. I just smile back at him.I am suspicious about John's behavior and thinks that he is coming to report something about me to the boss.He is a friendly guy. I smile back at him.I think he has something to hide but I don't show it.
- After a couple of months, you get promoted. The boss assigns John to be your assistant. Your boss tells you that he was considering whether to promote you or John but John actually recommended you to be promoted.I don't care. I continue to work hard to ensure my position.My boss was just being kind and didn't want to make John look bad as he wasn't chosen for the promotion.My colleagues are very nice people.It seems like John is actually a good guy. I'm ashamed to have doubted him.I don't know why John recommended me but no matter what, I still have to look out for myself.
- It's not a good day. On the way home late in the day, it started to pour. All the stores nearby are closed. You forget to bring your umbrella and your phone ran out of power...I start to curse myself.I am worried that there will be no taxi to take me home. I am also not happy about walking in the rain so I just stand under cover and wait for the rain to stop.I'm not too far away from my house. I duck under my coat and run home.I just wait for rain to stop.I feel a little anxious and try to get a taxi home.
- Fortunately, the rain stops. When you go home, you draw a hot bath and drink a hot cup of ginger tea. Despite this, you still get a nasty cold the next morning. You also have a very important meeting that morning.I call in sick.Although I'm worried my absence at work will trouble others, I call in sick anyway.I'm afraid of being scolded by my boss so I go to work.I have to get up and go to work!This meeting could affect my promotion. I go to work.
- Although you have tried your best, the project still failed. One day, you hear your colleagues say that it was because you were sick...I blame myself for getting a cold.I say nothing and keep working hard.My colleagues are jealous of me.I am upset and worried that my boss also thinks the same.Getting sick is inevitable and I believe my also boss thinks the same. Even then, I still feel upset by my colleagues' words.
- Your boss praises you in the company's annual conference...I still have a lot of shortcomings.I smile and take in my boss's words.I am humbled and promise to continue working hard.I accept it. I deserve it.Although this is all that I've done, it is not enough to deserve the praises. I feel honored.