Anger Test / Anger Issues Test
2024 UPDATED with 10 Anger Types
Anger is a natural emotion that we all feel. It is healthy to get angry sometimes. However, it becomes unhealthy when we get angry to an extreme or don’t express anger in a healthy manner. Take this quiz to find out if you are expressing your anger in a healthy way.
Not many people like anger, do they? In fact, most people avoid situations that might make them angry. As a result, you may have never been asked if you have anger issues or not, simply because you are too nice to get angry enough for someone to ask. However, there’s a way for you to find out for yourself. All you need to do is take our anger test and find out if there’s room for improvement in your anger management skills!
Anger Is An Energy - John Lydon
- 🔥 New updated version: Now with 6 to 10 anger types and detailed background information and instructions for each type of anger. - Mar 31, 2023
- Fixed a bug that might cause the quiz result not showing up. - Jul 7, 2023
Part - 1
Here are a few everyday unpleasant situations. How angry a reaction will you have usually?
Answer with these 5 options:
OK, let’s start!
- I will be enraged
- Very much
- Moderate amount
- A little
- Not at all.
- You are driving to work when someone cuts you off and nearly causes an accident. How angry would you be?I will be enragedA lotModerate amountA littleNot at all
- You’re at the grocery store, and a person cuts in front of you in the checkout line. How angry would you be?I will be enragedVery muchModerate amountA littleNot at all. What is there to be angry about
- You have given your spouse three reminders about a party you need to attend on the weekend. They still forget and make another plan. How angry will you be?I will be enragedVery muchModerate amountA littleNot at all. What is there to be angry about.
- Your colleague takes all the credit for the work you did. How angry will you be?I will be enragedVery muchModerate AmountA littleNot at all. What is there to be angry about?
- You spilled coffee on yourself during an important office meeting. How angry would you be?I will be enragedVery muchModerate AmountA littleNot at all. What is there to be angry about?
Part - 2
Great! Now you will be given some scenarios. State whether the situation requires an angry response or not.Bring it on!
- Someone pushes me out of the way as they run to catch the bus.YesNo
- You are running late and the person in front of you is driving slowly.YesNo
- Your friend is late for lunch, and you have been sitting alone for 15 minutes.YesNo
- You find out that one of your colleagues whom you have always helped has now taken credit for the project you completed. Will you be angry?YesNo
- You bump into a schoolmate who used to bully you in school and asks for help. Will you take this chance to get back at him and leave him helpless?YesNo
- You reminded your spouse to bring groceries thrice. He forgets 2/5 items you asked for. Will you be angry?YesNo
- Your luggage gets lost on the flight you took. The airline says they will find it and deliver it in 2 days. Will you shout at them?YesNo
- You came with a friend to a party. Now your friend is busy with others. Will you be angry at them?YesNo
- You helped a friend complete their assignment. When it is graded, they have gotten more marks than you. Will you be angry?YesNo
Part - 3
Now answer whether you will be "a little" angry or "very" angry in these situations. You will be shown seven dots representing the degree from "a little" to "very." Please choose the dot that corresponds to the proper degree.Sure, let’s start!
- [tend]A friend cancels plans with you last minute because their partner wants them to stay home instead of going out with you.A LittleVery
- [tend]Your sister borrows your new white formal shirt and spills coffee all over it. How angry will you be?A littleVery
- [tend]Your friend did not help you when you wanted help, and now they have come to ask you for help. Will you be angry?A littleVery
- [tend]You have had a failed relationship for the third time. Is this something you will be angry about it at yourself?A LittleVery
- [tend]You worked so hard on your thesis and yet you got a C. Will you be angry at yourself?A littleVery
- [tend]You have to wait for a friend in a dimly-lit street so you ask your uber driver to wait for a few minutes. They refuse. Will you be angry at them?A LittleVery
- [tend]You have been working hard towards getting a promotion. Somebody else was promoted and all your hard work, sweat, sleepless nights and effort go to waste. Will you be angry?A littleVery
- [tend]Your spouse was supposed to pick you up forty minutes ago. They are late and their phone is turned off. Will you be angry?A littleVery
- [tend]You feel that everything is simply going wrong. You feel hopeless and helpless. Will you be angry at yourself?A littleMost
- [tend]You find one of your colleagues spreading misinformation about you. Will you confront them while angry?NoYes
- [tend]Your boss is constantly asking you to do things that are not part of your job description. That is causing you to miss important deadlines. Will you be angry and communicate this to them?NoYes
- [tend]Your partner forgot our birthday. Will you give them the silent treatment?NoYes
- [tend]Your spouse promised to take you on a trip but canceled at the last minute due to work calls. Will you give them the silent treatment?NoYes