Bizarre History Questions
Can You Pass This Bizarre History Quiz?
Lots of great stories from history we learned in school are just wrong or inaccurate. Something did happen in history that you can hardly believe, until we show you now in this quiz.
If you don't know the answer, take your best shot at it. This is supposed to be fun!
- Fixed some typos - Nov 11, 2018
- During WWII (World War II), the Russians trained dogs to run under German tanks with bombs strapped to their backs. Unfortunately the Russians decided to use those tanks in battle, so the dogs were ended up running under the Russian tanks and blowing them up instead. Instant Karma for anyone who would use dogs in battle. But is it true?YesNo
- W.V Meadows was shot in the eye during the Battle of Vicksburg during the American Civil War. He survived.... and coughed the bullet out of his mouth 58 years later.TrueFalse
- The "F" in John F. Kennedy's name stands for what?FrederickFitzgeraldFinneganFranklin
- What Percentage of Soviet males born in 1923 survived WWII?40%20%80%8%
- Nintendo was founded in what year?199719641200 bc1889
- As of March 25th 2018, one person in the US is still receiving a Civil War soldier’s pension.TrueFalse
- From 1347 to 1351, the bacterium Yersinia Pestis (formerly Pasteurella pestis) plagued most of Europe. What percentage of the population survived?96%17%50%2%
- Someone from NASA accidentally erased the tape of the first steps on the moon, and what we see now is a much lower quality copy of that tape.TrueFalse
- Which of the following is the oldest?The Aztec EmpireOxford UniversityThe Magna CartaWilliam Shakespeare
- Thomas Edison electrocuted an elephant and recorded her death on video.True - Good inventor, not a good person.False - Thomas Edison would never do something that horrible!
- Once each year, Spartan men would do this:Go to the Isle of Crete and sacrifice a virgin.Visit their wives in order to create a pregnancy.Have a bloodsport day, where every man went around town trying to kill as many slaves as he could.Watch "I Love Lucy" reruns and eat chocolate ice-cream.
- Byzantine emperor, Basil, captured 15,000 Bulgarians in battle and blinded 99 of every 100. He then sent them all home.TrueFalse
- Australian Aborigines invented the first fan, made of palm branches in 12,000 a.d.TrueFalse
- Which disease has killed 50% of the human population, more than any other?CancerMalariaHeart DiseaseInfluenza
- As of 2018, United States of America has been around for 242 years. How many of those years have been spent in war?1776299222
- A witness to Lincoln's assassination later recounted the story on television.TrueFalse
- Explorer and renowned jerk was a pimp who forced underage native girls into prostitution.Christopher ColumbusMeriwether LewisMarco PoloNelly Bly
- Who was a signer of the United States Constitution?Thomas EdisonThomas JeffersonBen FranklinGeorge Washington
- Pythagoras, who discovered how to measure triangles (you know, a2 + b2 = c2) did not believe in fractions. He also killed people who did not agree with him.TrueFalse
- Who wrote the first flawless computer code?Ada LovelaceSteve JobsLinus TorveldSteve Wozniak