Only 5% ace this amazing human body quiz
The human body is a wondrous thing. We have incredible speed, power, endurance - yet most of us really don't know all that much about it. Take this quiz to see how much you really know about that sack you walk around in every day.
There are 20 questions. Once you're done, share your results to wow all your friends!
- Where are most bones located?Head.Ribs.Feet.Spine.
- What's the largest muscle in the body?Hamstring.Brain.Gluteus Maximus.Intestines.
- How fast do messages from the brain travel along nerves?200 MPH.669,600,000 MPH.304 MPH.Depends on coffee intake.
- Which of these STOPS growing at a certain point?Ears.Nose.Vocabulary.Femur.
- Which organ is at its full size at birth?Hehe, I don't want to publicly insult my ex-husband.Epiglottis.Eyes.Spleen.
- You have more _____ than there are people in the world.White blood cells.Brain cells.Bacteria.Fat cells.
- How often does the skeleton completely renew itself?Every 17 months.Every 10 years.Never.Every other year.
- What is one astounding fact about the human brain?It has more cells than the Milky Way has stars.It consumes up to 60% of your calorie intake.Somehow many politicians manage to speak without one.The energy in the brain can light an average football stadium.
- We know that hands, feet, and eyes can be used to identify an individual. What is another body part that is unique to a person?Tongue.Lips.Hair.Ears.
- If we make it to age 70, most of us will have shed _______Baby fat.1/2 ton of hair.105 lbs of skin cells.3 psycho boyfriends/girlfriends.
- How much saliva do you make in an average lifetime?Enough to fill up two swimming pools.Enough to fill up the Trevi Fountain in Rome twenty times over.Depends on how much you like to eat.170 Gallons.
- How often does your stomach lining replace itself?Every month.Every three years or so.Every 9 months.Every three days.
- How fast can a sneeze travel?The speed of sound.100 MPH.20 feet per second.Fast enough to plaster my cereal to the wall.
- Which is fastest?Blink of the eye.Growth of uterine lining.Detection of taste.Sex with a virgin male.
- How many atoms are in the average body?145 Trillion.7 Octillion.324 Bajillion.45 Sextillion.
- Fingernails grow faster _____Than toenails.On the writing hand.On your longer fingers.All of the above.
- How far does the average human walk?About 4 times around the earth at the equator.As little as possible.23,000 miles or so.About the distance to the sun.
- How much do we poop?Depends on if you had Mexican for lunch.4 Gallons per week on average.Every full moon, say my grandpa.3-8 Oz per day.
- On average, we have about 5 Lbs of this in our body...Undigested food.Skin.Bacteria.Blood.
- How many different colors can you perceive?64,000.128,000.10,000,000.Like Stephen Colbert, I don't see color.