Do You Know These Amazing Facts About The United States?
As the third largest country in both land mass and population, the United States has seen both successes and great shame in its complex history. One of its greatest strengths comes from the rich diversity of people. People who struggled to get here, or who struggled because they were forced to come here. America is still a young country, and like all nations, has had growing pains. How much do you know about its struggles, its people, and its history?
This 17-question quiz will test your knowledge on some lesser known facts. So are you a genius on all things America or just a future member of Congress? Let's get started!
- Which of the following is true about the current United States flag?It has 52 stars.It was designed by a descendant of Betsy Ross.It was designed by a 17 year old student as a school project, and he got a B-.Some states refused to fly it because they didn't accept Hawaii as a state.
- As of 2017, the US government is still paying a pension to the child of a veteran from which war/conflict?The Civil War.World War IThe Spanish American WarThe Great Canadian Moose Misunderstanding of 1898
- How much water does Lake Superior hold?Enough to bathe every dog in France once a day for 100,000 years.Enough to power a Steam Engine to Mars.Enough to cover the moon's surface (for a very brief time).Enough to cover North and South America with one foot of liquid.
- The United States Air Force has the largest Air Fleet in the world. Who has the second largest?North KoreaThe United States Marine Corps and NavyRichard BransonChina
- What is the deadliest profession in the United States?Police OfficerMarinePresidentMcDonald's Food Taster
- President's have had many pre-political occupations. Which of the following was NOT one?Saloon ownerExecutionerBeauty contest ownerProfessor of Physics
- What percentage of United States citizens are related to one of the 102 pilgrims on the Mayflower?90%2%40%10%
- How many United States citizens have their fingerprints on file at the FBI?33%4%87%110%
- 27% of Americans believe...There was no moon landing in 1967in GodAmerica is the wealthiest nation in the worldAmerica has the best health care in the world
- According to the World Giving Index, Americans are the most likely people to:Give money to a charityThird most likely to adopt a child of another raceHelp a complete stranger in needDemand a receipt for donated goods
- 69% of these people are volunteers...NursesTeachersFirefightersPolitical Pundits
- When did Congress vote to dump British rule?July 2, 1776July 4, 1776Wait, we're not British?!?The war of 1812
- Which state has the highest percentage of people who walk to work?New YorkAlaskaRhode IslandHawaii
- The seven rays (or spikes) on the Statue of Liberty represent...The seven seasThe seven continentsThe seven habits of highly successful peopleThe seven days of the week
- These two famous frenemies died on July 4th, 1826 - on the 50th anniversary of Independence Day...Marquis de Sade and Benjamin FranklinJohn Adams and Thomas JeffersonCaptain and TenilleThomas Edison and Nikola Tesla
- Louisiana has 2,482 of these...IslandsPeople passed out on Bourbon Street at any given Mardis GrasBrands of hot sauceArt Galleries
- This state is officially the 17th, but Congress forgot to vote it into the Union until 1953 (and you thought the current Congress was bad!), making it the 47th State. Which state is it?TennesseeGuamOhioKansas
- In WWII, the Japanese sent bombs on balloons to the West Coast. One of them tragically killed a family in which state?AlaskaOregonWashingtonCalifornia