What do you really know about Italy?
Italy, a country with 60% of the world's cultural heritage sites on the shores of the Mediterranean and under the Alps, is renown worldwide for its picturesque landscapes and flourishing arts. It has long been a popular destination for tourists from all over the world. But do you think you know more about Italy than the common tourist? Take this test and find out!
We have prepared 25 multiple-choice questions to test your knowledge of Italian geography, history, culture and language. Are you ready?
- Italy is located in:Northern EuropeWestern EuropeSouthern EuropeEastern Europe
- Which of the following countries does not share a border with Italy?GermanyFranceSloveniaSwitzerland
- The largest active volcano in Italy is:Vesuvius volcanoEtna volcanoStromboli volcanoLipari volcano
- Which of the following is not an Italian sports car brand:FerrariLamborghiniAlfa RomeoKoenigsegg
- How many times has Italy hosted the Olympic Games? (As of 2020)1234
- Which of the following instruments did not originate in Italy:clarinetpianoviolincello
- What is the capital of Italy?MilanRomeGenoaTurin
- Which regional dialect of Italy does modern Italian originate from?LombardiaTuscanyVenetoEmilia Romagna
- Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet takes place in which city in Italy?VeniceFlorenceBolognaVerona
- In which Italian city did pizza originate in the 18th century?SicilyFlorenceNaplesRome
- What wine do Italians pair with fish?Red wineWhite wineSparkling wineChampagne
- Which language group does Italian belong to:Romance languagesGermanic languagesHellenic languagesCeltic languages
- How many times a year is the Milan Fashion Week?1234
- Which church in Italy is responsible for the election of the Pope?Sistine ChapelBasilica di San PietroBasilica di San MarcoMilan Cathedral
- Which of the following masterpieces does not belong to the Vatican?LaocoonThe Last JudgementGenesisDavid
- How many times has Italy won the World Cup? （as of 2020）2345
- Which of the following operas was not composed by Giuseppe Verdi?TurandotThe Lady of the CamelliasRigolettoTroubadour
- What do Italians mean by "cin cin" at the table?"Serve!""Cheers!""Eat more!"“Delicious!”
- Italians make all kinds of gestures. What do they want to say when they put their five fingers together and wiggle up and down with their wrists or elbows as a fulcrum?I don't care!What the hell?!Go away!Let it go!
- Which of the following films does not belong to the trilogy of Italian film director Tornatore?The Legend of 1900Cinema ParadisoMalenaDeath in Venice
- Who was in power in Italy in the 1930s?Matteo RenziBenito MussoliniPaul BoselliIvanoai Bonomi
- Which food do the green, white and red colors of the Italian flag represent?basil; cheese; tomatospinach; cheese; tomatobasil; cream; tomatospinach; cheese; chili
- What is the oldest university in Italy?Accademia di Belle ArtiUniversity of BolognaPolytechnic University of MilanUniversity of Padua
- In which city did the Medici family, the legendary Italian bourgeois family, originate and thrive?RomeNaplesMilanFlorence
- The Mafia originated in which Italian city?RomePalermoSicilyNaples