Gender Role Test
Discover Your Feminine and Masculine Traits
Welcome to the Gender Role Test! This quiz is based on the groundbreaking research of Dr. Sandra Ruth Lipsitz Bem, an American psychologist who developed the Bem Sex-Role Inventory (BSRI). The BSRI is designed to measure how individuals endorse traits associated with traditional male and female roles. In this simplified test, we explore how you relate to these traits, giving you a percentage score for your feminine and masculine characteristics. Keep in mind that this test is for informational purposes and should not be considered as professional psychological advice. Feel free to take the test and discover more about yourself.
Tests you may want to take:
- Note: Based on Dr. Sandra Lipsitz Bem’s research, this test categorizes your personality into masculine or feminine traits. While the topic is debated, Bem’s work is widely validated and reliable. The test focuses solely on existing gender perceptions and is used for both cultural critique and affirming traditional gender roles. The test strictly examines current notions of gender without discussing their biological or cultural origins. It’s employed for both cultural analysis by feminists and validation of traditional gender roles by others.
- What’s your preferred way to celebrate a friend’s birthday?Organize a competitive game night.Plan a heartfelt surprise with thoughtful gifts.Just hang out, no specific plans needed.
- You just got home from work. How do you unwind?Hit the gym or go for a run.Call a friend or family member to catch up.Sit quietly and read or watch TV.
- How do you deal with a flat tire on your way to a meeting?Change it yourself without much fuss.Call someone and use the time to comfort others who might be affected by your delay.Call for roadside assistance and calmly wait.
- You see a child lost and crying in a mall. What do you do?Take charge and alert mall security.Comfort the child and wait with them until help arrives.Make an announcement over the mall’s PA system.
- How do you usually handle disagreements with your partner?Lay down facts to make your point.Try to understand your partner’s feelings.Agree to disagree.
- What kind of movies do you prefer?Action or suspense thrillers.Romantic comedies or dramas.Documentaries or independent films.
- How do you react when you see a spider in your room?Kill it or take it outside yourself.Call someone else to deal with it.Leave it; it’s not harming you.
- You’re at a party and notice someone sitting alone. What do you do?Continue networking or talking to people you know.Approach them and strike up a conversation.Make a brief introduction but don’t linger.
- Your friend is going through a tough time. How do you help?Offer practical advice or solutions.Be a listening ear and offer emotional support.Do something fun to distract them.
- You’re assembling a piece of furniture. What’s your strategy?Follow the manual step-by-step.Call a friend for a fun assembly get-together.Wing it and figure things out as you go.
- How do you typically make plans with friends?Set a time and place well in advance.Keep it flexible and decide the details on the day.A mix of both, depending on the situation.
- You have a free Saturday. How would you spend it?Work on a personal project or hobby.Host a get-together or go out with friends.A balance of alone time and socializing.
- What would you bring to a potluck dinner?Something that showcases your cooking skills.Something you know is a crowd-pleaser.Whatever is easiest to prepare or buy.
- A project deadline is coming up. How do you manage your time?Create a detailed plan and stick to it.Make sure everyone on the team is comfortable with the workload.Work intensively as the deadline approaches.
- How do you feel about public speaking?Comfortable and ready to lead.Nervous but willing if it makes others happy.Indifferent; it’s just something to get through.