What Should I Major In? (“What Major Is Right For Me”)
“What Major Is Right For Me”
Choose an answer for each question. It’s possible that more than one answer suits you, but always choose the one you like more.
This test will assess which major fits you the best and offer some suggested universities for you to go to for that major.
- Available to share your result with the graph - 2016/6/14
- We have added 100+ more majors to our possible results and improved the gender factor - 2016/6/14
- Your gender：FemaleMale
- Which school subjects do you prefer?Art, music, languagePhysics, chemistry, mathematics
- What school activities do you prefer to participate in?Arts festivals and singing contests organized by the schoolNonprofit work and volunteering projects organized by the schoolA student organized event such as a dance or a costume party
- What kind of coursework and scheduling would you rather have?The standard and strict curriculum of high schoolRelatively free curriculum of college
What do you see in the picture below?：A red cat with whiskers and clawsA wide open mouth with the tongue and throat of a personA snake's mouthSome sort of flower
- Which picture do you like better?
What do you see in the picture below?：I can't tell, it's just a blot of inkA monster on top of a cloudFairies dancing in the airTwo birds facing each other
- What method do you prefer to use when solving problems?A method with simple steps that doesn't require too much timeA method with comprehensive steps to follow that explain everything clearly
- How do you choose between several apps that have the same function?Based on user reviews and commentsBased on app rankingsBased on recommendations from friends
- In your class, you are:Just an ordinary studentClass president or some sort of leadership position on the student committee
- Which types of books do you prefer to read?Magazines, comic books, fantasy novelsDetective novels, history books
In the cafe below, which seat would you choose?：A : Location near the windowB: Located next to the inside wallC: Location near the aisleD: Location close to the door
- Which man is the truly happy one?
- What do you think of study groups?No use, I prefer to study by myselfThey're great! I like helping others solve problems and sharing my studying tipsPretty useful. If anything they are a good opportunity for making friends
- You are very envious of:The really good students that the teachers like best in classThe students that are the most popular in school
- If you woke up one day to find that you've traveled back in time and became someone else, you would want to be:The founding king of a great empireAn erudite/educator like ConfuciusA genius in a specific field like Isaac Newton
Listen to the music clips below and pick the one you like best (click the button below to play)：PianoRock n' RollSymphony
- Which picture do you like better?
- When you are with your friends, you are:A pair of keen eyes that can help them notice details that they've missedA logical and practical voice that can offer helpful suggestions and financial adviceA wallflower. Quiet and not very noticeable
- Which TV series do you prefer?Vampire DiariesModern FamilyI haven't seen either
- When you are at karaoke with your friends, you usually:Sing all nightMake sure everyone is having a good time
- John, Rob, and Peter are friends. One is a manager, one is a teacher, and one is doctor. Peter is older than the doctor, John and the teacher are not the same age, and the teacher is younger than Rob. based on these facts, what can you conclude?John is the doctor, Rob is the manager, Peter is the teacherJohn is the teacher, Rob is the doctor, Peter is the managerJohn is the teacher, Rob is the manager, Peter is the doctor
- You are taking the subway. There are no seats but it's not too crowded. Under these circumstances you prefer to:Stand in the corner next to the door of the subwayStand in the middle of the car
- Your computer has been really slow recently. You would:Search the internet for a solution, download what you need and repair the system yourselfGet professional maintenance, research takes too much time
- What conversation topic do you dislike more?Celebrity gossipTechnology news or professional knowledgeComplaining about life
- If you have some money to invest, you would invest in:A class that can help me improve myselfSome financial investment with good returnsPurchase something that would make me happy
- When solving a math problem, you usually:stick with the problem until you figure it outif you can't solve this one, move onto the next one
- Relax your hands, and then cross them together interlocking your fingers, you will find:Your right thumb on topYour left thumb on top
- When you're out with a group of friends and there's a difference of opinion in the group, you usually:Go with the majorityFind a way to get everyone to agree to my idea
- Which picture do you prefer?
- If your friend who had invited you to his/her birthday party suddenly tells you: "You can't come to my birthday party anymore". How would you respond?I was just going to tell you that I can't make it because I need to be somewhere else.Why? What happened? Do you want to talk about it?Alright. (Feeling wronged, awkward)Oh. (Don't really care)