The 16 Personality Types Test
This quiz will reveal your specific personality type from a range of 16 different personalities created by Myers & Briggs. In addition to this, it will also tell you how much or how little you resemble the remaining 15 personality types.
This test can be considered an update of a classic personality type quiz. However, it also works well if this is your first time taking such tests.
- Fixed errors and bugs - Sep 3, 2016
- After getting your results, click on each personality type for full details - Sep 15, 2016
- Improved result layout - Jan 18, 2020
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Myers-Briggs, and MBTI are registered trademarks of The Myers & Briggs Foundation in the United States and other countries. Arealme.com has NO affiliation with the organizations publishing or holding rights to the MBTI® test/assessment.
- When I relate stories to other people, I:tell the stories according to the order of the events as they happened.tell the stories according to what I think is the most interesting aspect.
- When I've just started at a new company, at lunchtime I will:eat with my new colleagues, trying to establish a good relationship with them and get into the workplace conversations.head off somewhere by myself for lunch.
- For the majority of the plans that I make:I see them through to completion.I change them half way through.
- My friends often say that I am:quick to make friends.slow to get to know someone.
- Every time I have to present in front of others, I always feel:highly charged and love it.frightened to death.
- At work my colleagues often to encourage me to:think more before I act or speak.speak up more and let people know my opinions.
- When I'm out with friends I often:take control of the direction of the conversation and do most of the talking.sit back and simply answer, keeping my talking to a bare minimum.
When I'm in a meeting with colleagues of the same level (i.e., no superiors), I usually sit in position:ABCDEFG
- When on social networking sites, I:enter into the conversations and take it upon myself to give my own opinions.watch quietly in the background and just respond to a few of my friends' conversations.
- On weekends when I need to stay at home due to terrible weather, I:feel really bored, don't know what to do and sit around phoning or messaging friends.feel very happy and easily find things to do on my own.
- When a new movie finally gets to the screen after a long wait, I:immediately invite a friend to come with me to see it, and comment on the movie together it as we're watching it.go by myself and quietly watch it alone in comfort.
- Most of the time:I'm interested in everything and want to try everything.I'm not easily interested by things but when I am interested, I like to investigate it further.
- When I start a new job:I'm quick to mix with others and become part of the group.I need some time before I really get to know those I work with.
- When I'm talking with others, I often say:"The reason that [add situation... ], is because [add fact or information... ].""I feel... or I think..."
- I am:MaleFemale
- My method for problem solving is usually:
- When it comes to work, I would much prefer to be a:hotel reviewer.professional film critic.
If I were to describe this picture, I would say:this is a picture of trees, people, a fence, and a lake.this is a picture of a park in the early morning, with the image of a lion.
This question requires you to watch a short animation relating to psychology. When it has finished, choose a suitable answer. Press the arrow to start.
(Note: This animation will not consume internet data.)
While you were watching this clip, how many red balls did you see?3 red balls5 red ballsI wasn't able to see clearly.
- On the weekends, when I have time and feel like making dinner, I will:search for a recipe on the internet and prepare the dish strictly according to the instructions.use my imagination and make something that takes my fancy.
- When I'm cooperating with others on a given project, I'm most concerned that they might say:"According to my understanding of this particular issue, ....""According to my past experiences of such issues, ...."
- When talking to others, I usually:speak very directly.try to be tactful.
- I would choose the following financial investment method:short-term, medium-yield, lower-risk.long-term, high-yield, higher-risk.
- When I'm being introduced to a theory, I:prefer the person explaining it to give me some examples and practical applications.prefer to just get the basic concept - too many details and facts are boring and a waste of time.
From the two image choices below, which one is most similar to the image pictured here?
- When I'm shopping on Amazon or other such shopping websites, I:objectively compare the data across various areas, such as customer service, product description, quality, etc.seriously consider reviews from previous customers.
- When my opinion differs from someone else I will:keep quiet to avoid any tension between myself and the other person.initiate a debate with the other person and resolutely defend my own opinion.
- When a friend asks for my help, my first response is to:console them, empathise with them and keep them company.ask for the details of the situation and try to find a solution.
- Relax both of your hands for 10 seconds, then use one hand to hit the other. What happened?My right hand hit my left hand.My left hand hit my right hand.
- When I express my personal opinion I:monitor the other person's face so as to ensure I don't hurt their feelings.directly state my opinion without regard to other person's reaction to it.
- I had planned to go home to finish some work that should have been finished long ago, but which, due to various reasons, had been put off until now. However, right at this moment a close friend is having a crisis and calls asking me to help. Given this situation I would:explain that I have pressing work that needs to be finished and try to find another time to meet to help him or her solve the problem.promise to help my friend without hesitation and go to meet them immediately.
- When my partner and I are having problems, I:try to rationally deal with the situation and not let my emotions get out of control.do my best to avoid an argument, ignore my own needs, and try to satisfy my partner's needs.
- In my opinion, fairness is:"one size fits all" - use the same method or principle to deal with everyone.use different methods to deal with different people - every person is unique, as is every situation.
- Of the sentences below, I most agree with:Support provided for people with disabilities should without limits.If we are occasionally taken advantage of or bullied by other people, it shouldn't be considered a major issue.
- When a colleague that I need to work closely with is often late and fails to fully complete work, which, consequently, has serious ramifications on the quality of work achieved, I will:talk directly to the person about the situation, criticising him or her.delicately raise the issue with the person, doing my best not to offend him or her.
- Normally, when talking with another person, my arms are:
- I'm less likely to be:overly emotional and impulsive.excessively rational and a stickler for rules with other people.
- At work I usually:hand in something only at the deadline, and constantly make changes up until this point.get the job done as quickly as I can, not making any changes once I've made up my mind how to do something.
- When working I:put my phone on silent and focus to get the work I have done. I feel uneasy if a phone call interrupts me.will look at Facebook from time to time, check if I have any messages, and make adjustments as needed - I don't want to overstretch myself.
- When I'm with my partner, I prefer to:make plans ahead of time. I don't like to make or change plans at the last minute.take things as they go a little. If we think of something, just do it.
- Normally, my things are:
put wherever I feel like putting them.
put in their correct place to ensure they're easy to find again.
- At work I'm most concerned about:flying blind without concrete plans or objectives, and just having to figure out the details as I go along.having the plan set for me in minute detail where I simply have to follow the steps prescribed, like 1-2-3....
- When my partner and I go out on a date but he/she is late, I usually start getting angry after about:30 minutes5 minutes
- When I receive a phone call from a telemarketer, particularly when it isn't about something I'm interested in, I:continue listening and try to understand in case I might change my mind.directly tell the caller I'm not interested and immediately hang up.
- When out shopping, which following situation makes you happy?That I've been able to check off all the things on my shopping list.That there are lots of things for me to choose.
- During weekends or holidays, I usually:still get up early and eat three meals a day.sleep in till midday and skip a meal.
- If some of my work is still incomplete when it's time to knock off work, but a friend invites me out for dinner, I:finish the work first and then go out with my friend.first go out for dinner with my friend and then finish my work.
- I don't often form an opinion of others, however, once I do, it's very difficult for me to change that opinion.FalseTrue