Coronavirus “COVID-19” Facts Quiz
Countries around the world are sparing no effort to contain and find a cure for the new strain of coronavirus that originated in Wuhan, China. While the majority of the infected develop mild symptoms such as fever, cough and shortness of breath, the virus can lead to serious complications in severe cases, such as pneumonia, multiple organ dysfunction and even death.
Do you think you know what you must about this pandemic? Are you fully prepared and ready to take all the necessary precautions? Take this quiz to test your awareness about the coronavirus!
- The answers to the questions provided in this quiz have been verified as genuine as they are based on the official information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- We hope this quiz will be informative and raise awareness about the coronavirus!
- How long should you wash your hands?3 seconds20 seconds1 minute15 minutes
- Which song does the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend humming from beginning to end when washing your hands?Happy BirthdayMy Heart Will Go OnThe Star-Spangled BannerWe Will Rock You
- In March 2020, the NBA season was suspended after which All-Star player was tested positive for the coronavirus?Rudy GobertAnthony DavisLeBron JamesLuka Dončić
- Which city is believed to be the first epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak this year (2019)?Wuhan, ChinaRome, ItalyNew York, the United StatesSeoul, South Korea
- What is the name of the coronavirus-stricken cruise ship that went on lockdown?Sapphire PrincessCaribbean PrincessMajestic PrincessDiamond Princess
- Remdesivir was developed by which company?RocheJohnson & JohnsonGilead SciencesPfizer
- Which is NOT the correct behavior to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus if you're sick?Avoiding public transportationCovering your face when you cough or sneezeCalling ahead before visiting your doctorVisiting your doctor WITHOUT A NOTICE
- Where do clinical and commercial laboratories obtain testing supplies to detect the coronavirus?The Food and Drug AdministrationThe White HouseThe Pentagon
- As of Dec 29, 2020, there is NO vaccine or specific antiviral treatment for the coronavirus.TrueFalse
- Coronavirus can make anyone sick regardless of their race, sex or ethnicity.TrueFalse
- Which of the following is a symptom of the coronavirus?CoughFeverShortness of breathAll of the above
- People who have been in close contact with someone that is infected or have visited a territory with an ongoing outbreak are at an increased risk of exposure.TrueFalse
- Which actor in Hollywood claimed first in March 2020 that he had tested positive for the coronavirus?Morgan FreemanTom HanksWill SmithJohnny Depp
- Is warm or cold water better for washing your hands?WarmColdEither is fineNeither, the water should be very hot
- The World Health Organization advises the rational use of medical masks to avoid unnecessary waste of resources.TrueFalse