Attachment Style Quiz
You’ve probably heard that people develop a specific way of relating to others as a result of their early experiences. While this is generally true, there can be dramatic variations between individual experience with relationship instabilities, traumas or disruptions. In order to understand what someone’s attachment style is, you have to look at their childhood and see how they formed attachments with their primary caregivers (often the parents).
How do you feel when you attach to someone? Do you get comfortable and start to let your guard down? Or do you hold back, aware that the relationship could end any time? Research in psychology shows that there are some common attachment styles. Do you know what type of relationship attachments you form? Relationships can be difficult, whether you are trying to start a new relationship or trying to maintain the one you have. This quiz will help you find out what type of attachment style you have.
- [sortpie]Put the descriptions below in the order of how well they describe you, from the one that fits you the most to the one that fits you the least:You can only get to a certain degree of intimacy with others. Most of the time you can’t share your thoughts and feelings with your partner and friends.You tend to worry that your partner doesn’t love you. There are times that you feel scared of getting close to others.You have the tendency to seek either extreme closeness or extreme distance with a partner or a loved one. You sometimes fear feeling intimate.You have good self-esteem. You can share your thoughts and feelings with your partner and friends.Done! Next question!
- [sortpie]Put the descriptions below in the order of how well they describe you, from the one that fits you the most to the one that fits you the least:A When your partner is away, you don’t have any feelings of abandonment. You also don’t worry about losing yourself in the relationship.You like being intimate with your partner, but you also like to have space and maintain your freedom.When you feel a distance between you and your partner, you feel anxious and worried. And then you try to overcompensate by wanting to spend time with them more.You can tend to push your partner away when you feel like your freedom is being infringed upon.Done! Next question!
- [sortpie]Put the descriptions below in the order of how well they describe you, from the one that fits you the most to the one that fits you the least:You have healthy boundaries.You have poor boundaries.You tend to be unresponsiveYou fear rejection.Done! Next question!
- You tend to be unresponsive.You desire intimacy but it’s not easy for you to trust.You are confident.You desire intimacy too much.Done! Next question!
- You’re not sure if others will respond if you ask for help.You are self-reliant and don’t want to ask for help.You have difficulty opening up to others and seeking for their help.You can depend on others and ask for help.Done! Next question!
- You are not comfortable talking about your emotions.You are highly emotional and don’t know how to communicate your needs.You lack empathy. Sometimes you can communicate, but sometimes you can’t.You can communicate your emotions openly.Done! Next question!
- You know how to ask for social support.You have trustworthy friends, but a lot of times, it feels like you can't trust them.You are afraid that when you share yourself with people, they'll think lowly of you.You are unwilling to share your feelings with friends.Done! Next question!
- You are capable of handling rejection and then moving on.You feel like you’re always going to be rejected.You have emotional outbursts when you are feeling stressed or overwhelmed.You avoid commitment.Done! Next question!
- I want to be close to my partner, but also worried that they can hurt me.I worry if my partner loves me or cares for me.I don’t care if my partner left me.I have full confidence that my partner will be there for me.Done! Next question!
- You have a fear of being single at times, and you get worried about it.You’re not sure if you want to be single or in a relationship.You are not afraid of being single because you have a strong identity as an individual.You’ll choose to be single because you don’t want commitment at all.Done! Next question!
- You think that relationship will not work.You easily get jealous.You sometimes believe that no one will love you.You have a healthy sense of autonomy.Done! Next question!
- You are not comfortable addressing a conflict and it’s hard for you to handle negative emotions of others.You will not address a conflict.You think that if you address a conflict, it might push other people away.You can address conflict and will find meaningful ways to overcome it.Done! Show me the results!