Empathy Quotient Test
The word Empathy originates from the Greek word “empatheia”, meaning physical affection or passion. It empowers us to understand others’ purposes, predict their response, and experience emotions triggered by their encounters. It’s an essential skill that helps us from misunderstanding other people's intentions and enables us to build trust with them.
Take this test now to determine your ability for understanding how other people feel.
- [tend]I enjoy winning a fight by showing no mercy to my competitor when I have moral superiority.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I do NOT like to whisper behind someone's backs.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]It’s NOT a big deal if I cannot recall someone’s name if we’ve only met once.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I would be more jealous of the success of my schoolmate whom I’ve known for over 10 years than a colleague whom I just met last week.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I enjoy comforting other people. I’d like to comfort people who’ve been sad or are in a bad mood.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I enjoy caring for other people.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I struggle to turn off my concerns for other people who are in need even when I’m too busy with my own business.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I love cute animals and pets - cats, dogs, rabbits, and anything looks cute.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I get completely incapacitated if I see people suffering tragic or violent events on TV.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]People often turn to me for advice.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]People sometimes remind me that I’m off topic during a discussion.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I think spending too much time guessing what others really want is a waste of time.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I believe that when I’m talking with someone, I should pay much more attention to the facts than his/her emotional conditions.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I feel very bad when someone puts me in the wrong.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I feel people’s physical sicknesses, not only their emotions.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I find it very hard to tell if someone is lying to me.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]In conversation with someone, I tend to talk about my own experiences rather than theirs.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I believe children and adults have the same level of self-esteem.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I can figure out quickly if someone is feeling sad on the inside.DISAGREEAGREE
- [tend]I am able to make decisions without being influenced by people’s feelings.DISAGREEAGREE
- What age group are you in?< 1818 ~ 2526 ~ 3536 ~ 4546 ~ 5556 ~ 6566 ~ 75> 76It’s my secret.
- What’s your gender?FMOtherI prefer not to say.