Delayed Gratification Test
Delayed gratification is the process when someone tries to resist the temptation to do something in the present in exchange for a bigger reward in the future. Everyone has their own approach to this: some people prefer a small piece of cake today instead of three full cakes in a week. Knowing how to delay pleasure to serve a more important goal is considered by psychologists to be a major character skill!
It is worth noting that delayed gratification is not simply learning how to suppress immediate desires, but rather the ability to overcome immediate difficulties and achieve long-term goals. Have you wondered how good you are at resisting temptation? Take our delayed gratification test and find out!
- What do you do when you encounter a difficult problem while studying?Try my best to solve it.Leave it alone. The teacher will explain it tomorrow.
- I took the vocational qualifications exam and failed twice. I would:Give up. I'm obviously not cut out for it.Get motivated and pass it on the third try!
- I fell in love with a new coat at the store, but I'd have no money left if I bought it. Maybe I should wait for the season sale and pick it up for a discount? But just as I am about to leave, the clerk tells me that there are only a few pieces of this coat left for sale, and that they'd definitely run out of it until the season sale. I would:Check the Internet for a cheaper version.Just buy it.Give up the idea of ever buying this coat.
- My best friend was very late to my birthday party. I would:Get angry and ask him why he was late.Bite my tongue and ask him later.
- When I face pressure and stress at work, I will:Try to find a way to relieve stress and continue my work.Try to find a less stressful job.
- If you received a big red envelope but were afraid that your parents would just take it away, you would:Buy a variety of sweets and other small things.Save it for the rainy day.
- Which approach to life is the best?A planned life is a good life.Don't think long term. It's important to live by the day!
- Imagine the following two scenarios. Which one would make you feel more comfortable?Spending holidays at the seaside and reading books.Carrying a bag, climbing mountains and discovering beautiful landscapes!
- There are two job openings, which one would you choose?The one that I like, even though there is more competition.I'd prefer the job opening where there is less competition.
- I ordered a parcel that arrived during work hours. I will:Put it aside and wait for the break.Start unpacking it and then get back to work.
- For me, commitment is:Walking the talk.Something that needs to be followed based on the conditions of the day.
- Between the following two companies, I will choose:The company where the starting salary is relatively high, but the job tasks are relatively simple and there are also few training opportunities.The company where the starting salary is not high, but there are many opportunities for training and learning new skills.
- I took the initiative to implement a new project, but the results were not satisfactory. In the future, I will:Avoid risky projects.Learn from my mistakes and perform better next time!
- If I fell in love with someone but received nothing back, I would:I'd cry my eyes out and give up.Just keep on trying!
- When I watch American TV series, I usually:Watch every episode one by one.Just skip an episode if I don't like it.
- Young people like doing magic card tricks they learned from Youtube, so I bought a pack of cards and tried to learn the tricks myself. It turned out to be harder than expected. I would:Start to think about something that is simpler. It takes too much time.Be motivated by the challenge and keep on practicing.
- What would you do with your year-end bonus?Take a class I've always wanted to take (coffee, wine...).Buy an item I want (bag, clothes, computer, cell phone...).
- For me, people who can set goals and achieve them are:Very enviable. Why are they so productive?Nothing special, as I'm just like them.
- Although there is a significant drop in fundraising activities, there are a number of start-ups that I could invest in. I would choose:Startups with modest revenues and a growth potential.Large companies with medium income.
- I got employed at a promising start-up company and found it very difficult to get used to the environment. The colleagues and the work were both very stressful. Another company offered me a job. I would:Choose another company as I cannot work in a stressful environment.Get used to the company I work at and be responsible for my own choices.
- Do you agree that a person should not be stubborn and always be open to new ideas?I disagree. I should always be strong-willed.I agree. People should be open to new ideas.
- Which of the following describes me best?Think long before making a decision and stick to it.Act first, think later.