Video Game Addiction Test
On June 18, 2018, the World Health Organization released a new edition of the International Classification of Diseases, a "game disorder", commonly referred to as game addiction, which is classified as a disease. However, it is not an easy task to diagnose whether it is addictive. At present, there are two major criteria for the diagnosis of game addiction in the world. One is the International Classification of Diseases (ICD) issued by the World Health Organization, and the other is the Mental Disorders and Statistics Manual (DSM) published by the American Psychiatric Association.
Whether it is DSM or ICD standards, there are two core features: First, game addicts spend a lot of time and energy on the game, and they ignore reality and cannot bear the corresponding responsibility. Second, their ability for self-control is gradually falling and they even let the games dominate their life. Do you like to play video games? What is your game addiction score? Please take this Video Game Addiction Test based on your recent true situations.
- After you finish playing the game, are you still thinking about the scenes playing out during the game?No. I can perfectly separate the game from reality.I will think about it occasionally.Yes. I often think about the game scenes.
- What do you think about video games?What is video games? I don’t care about it at all.The games players are connected by the Internet and I will leave after the game is over.Video games fascinate me.
- What would you do if your Internet is disconnected during the game?I will put down my cellphone. It doesn’t matter.Oops, the Internet is disconnected... I am a little upset.I will scream with anger: the Internet is disconnected, fix it for me quickly!
- Do you spend more time than before playing video games to gain satisfaction?Never.Occasionally.Very often.
- Can you successfully control your game time?Yes. I can control it perfectly.Occasionally I cannot control my game time.No. My game time is always longer than I expected.
- How do you feel when you lose the game?Very calm.A little upset.Very angry.
- Do you argue with others because of the game?Never.Occasionally.Very often.
- In addition to playing video games, I have other hobbies...Yes. I have many hobbies.My hobby is gradually leaning towards playing video games.No other hobbies for me, I am only interested in playing video games.
- I used to forget to eat and sleep because of playing video games.Food is important for sustaining life and I will never skip eating any meals.It won’t affect me too much if I skip eating one or two meals.Video games are my food for thought.
- I often vent my feelings through playing video games.Never.Sometimes.Very often.