Which Ancient Greek God Are You?
Greek mythology is the body of myths and teachings that belong to the ancient Greeks, concerning their gods and heroes, the nature of the world, and the origins and significance of their own cult and ritual practices. It was a part of the religion in ancient Greece.
The gods of the ancient Greek pantheon are divided into various categories. The first of these--the Olympian gods, Titan gods, and primordial gods--represent the three generations of deities to rule the cosmos. The next five categories divide the gods by domain, namely the gods of sky, sea, earth (rustic and agrarian), and underworld. The final sections contain the daemones--minor deities or spirits representing abstract ideas, emotions and conditions--and apotheosed mortals.
What gender are you?
A and B were best friends, and B had been secretly in love with C for years. A was trying to set C up with B, but in the process, A and C fell in love and got married. After a while, C cheated on A and got B pregnant. A's brother D found out about their affairs and got so angry that he killed both B and C. After reading this story, who, do you think, is mostly unforgivable?
What would you do after a 40 hours of train ride and finally arrived home?
Take a long shower.
Eat something delicious.
Sleep like a log.
Unpack my stuff and organize them.
What do you usually do when you and your friend are giving each other the silent treatment?
I always break the ice first.
I will never be the first one to talk.
I normally seek another friend's help.
Pretend nothing is happening.
How do you usually plan your family trips?
I will just book with a travel agency.
I will do some research on the Internet and figure out the itinerary.
I will have everyday arranged and make a specific travel plan.
I don't make plans.
Which of the following things would you bring with you to visit your parents?
Fruits and milk.
Health care products.
Raw materials for cooking.
Which of the following things do you prefer to be a part of?
Dancing with the sharks.
Treasure seeking in the woods.
What did you think they were doing when you first saw the picture?
Making a proposal.
Begging for her to stay.
What emotions do you think these two people are showing?
- Zeus51223God of the Sky (Zoos)Zeus was the king of the gods. He could control the weather. The ancient Greek poet, Hesiod, called him the 'cloud-gatherer' and the 'thunderer'. His most powerful weapon was the thunderbolt. The ancient Greeks believed that when lightning struck earth, it was a sign of Zeus being present.The Olympic Games was a festival dedicated to Zeus. It was held every four years in Olympia. The most important part of the festival were the athletic competitions. Men from all over the Greek world competed in many different types of sports. Winners of the games were treated like heroes.//www.arealme.com/which-ancient-greek-god-are-you/show/1.png
- Hades53113God of the underworld, the dead, and richesHades was the brother of Zeus and Poseidon. After the overthrow of their father, Cronus, he drew lots with them to share the universe. He drew poorly, which resulted in becoming lord of the underworld and ruler of the dead. Nevertheless, he was not considered to be death itself, as this was a different god, called Thanatos. Greedy like his brother Poseidon, he was mainly interested in increasing his subjects, and anyone whose deeds resulted in people dying was favoured by him. The Erinnyes (the Furies) were welcomed guests in his kingdom.Although an Olympian, Hades preferred the Underworld and rarely left his kingdom. His weapon was a pitchfork, which he used to create earthquakes, similar to the way Poseidon used his trident. He also had a helmet of invisibility, which he had received as a gift from the Cyclopes, in order to use it during the clash of the Titans. He was married to Persephone, daughter of Demeter, whom Hades abducted and carried down to the Underworld.//www.arealme.com/which-ancient-greek-god-are-you/show/2.png
- Apollo52222God of music, poetry, art, oracles, archery, plague, medicine, sun, light and knowledgeApollo shot arrows infected with the plague into the Greek encampment during the Trojan War in retribution for Agamemnon's insult to Chryses, a priest of Apollo whose daughter Chryseis had been captured. He demanded her return, and the Achaeans complied, indirectly causing the anger of Achilles, which is the theme of the Iliad.The Pythian games were held at Delphi. Unlike other sporting festivals, the Olympics and the Heraia games, the Pythian games also had music and poetry competitions. Winners in the games were presented with a wreath made from laurel leaves - a tree that was sacred to Apollo.//www.arealme.com/which-ancient-greek-god-are-you/show/3.png
- Prometheus52030The supreme trickster, and a god of fireThe Greek poet Hesiod related two principal legends concerning Prometheus. The first is that Zeus, the chief god, who had been tricked by Prometheus into accepting the bones and fat of sacrifice instead of the meat, hid fire from mortals. Prometheus, however, stole it and returned it to Earth once again. As the price of fire, and as punishment for humankind in general, Zeus created the woman Pandora and sent her down to Epimetheus (Hindsight), who, though warned by Prometheus, married her. Pandora took the great lid off the jar she carried, and evils, hard work, and disease flew out to plague humanity. Hope alone remained within.Hesiod relates in his other tale that, as vengeance on Prometheus, Zeus had him nailed to a mountain in the Caucasus and sent an eagle to eat his immortal liver, which constantly replenished itself; Prometheus was depicted in Prometheus Bound by Aeschylus, who made him not only the bringer of fire and civilization to mortals but also their preserver, giving them all the arts and sciences as well as the means of survival.//www.arealme.com/which-ancient-greek-god-are-you/show/4.png
- Dionysus50101God of the vine, grape harvest, winemaking, wine, ritual madness, religious ecstasy, and theatreDionysos was the fun loving god of high spirits, strong emotions and wine. He is also closely associated with drama and the theatre.The Anthesteria was a great festival held in honour of Dionysos when the year's new wine jars were opened. During this festival children aged three were given their first taste of wine.//www.arealme.com/which-ancient-greek-god-are-you/show/5.png
- Hermes52322Messenger of the gods, god of trade, thieves, travelers, sports, athletes, border crossings, guide to the UnderworldHermes was the god of travel, business, weights and measures and sports. He was the messenger of the gods and guided the souls of the dead to the underworld. He was also the patron of herdsmen, thieves, graves and messengers. His staff caused men to fall asleep instantly.On the third day of the Anthesteria, the 'day of the pots', a meal was made and offered to Hermes of the Underworld, on behalf of the dead. This was a day when the spirits of the dead roamed around the earth. People smeared their doorways with pitch, a black, tar-like substance, to stop the ghosts from entering their house. When the day was over, the householder would go around his house saying 'Get out goblins, the Anthesteria is over!'.//www.arealme.com/which-ancient-greek-god-are-you/show/6.png
- Hera01011Goddess of Marriage, Mothers and Families (Hair'-ah)Hera was the wife of Zeus and the queen of the gods. She is the goddess of weddings and marriage. She was extremely jealous of the many affairs of her husband Zeus. She took terrible revenge on the girlfriends and illegitimate children of her husband.The Heraia were a festival dedicated to Hera. Like the Olympic Games this festival contained athletic competitions and was held at Olympia. However, only women were allowed to compete at the Heraia.//www.arealme.com/which-ancient-greek-god-are-you/show/7.png
- Athena02232Goddess of wisdom, craft, war, diplomacy, weaving, poetry, medicine, and commerceAthena is the goddess of war and cunning wisdom. She is also the goddess of pot-making and wool-working. She is associated with the city, and almost every town in Greece had a sanctuary dedicated to Athena.The Panathenaia was a huge festival held at Athens in Athena's honour. All sections of Athenian society were involved: men, women, citizens, slaves and foreigners living in Athens. The festival consisted of sacrifices, competitions and a huge procession to present a new robe to the ancient statue of Athena on the Acropolis.//www.arealme.com/which-ancient-greek-god-are-you/show/8.png
- Artemis02212Goddess of the hunt, forests and hills, the moon, and archeryArtemis was the goddess of hunting, archery and childbirth. She was also the goddess of wild animals and was normally portrayed as living in the countryside. She had the ability to send plagues or sudden death to mortals, but she could also heal them. She was the twin sister of the god Apollo.Actaeon was a hunter. In the woods one day he accidentally came upon Artemis and her nymphs bathing. The goddess became angry that a mortal had seen her naked. In revenge she turned Actaeon into a stag. His hunting dogs did not recognise him in his new form, so he was hunted and eventually killed by his own dogs.//www.arealme.com/which-ancient-greek-god-are-you/show/9.png
- Aphrodite00311Goddess of love, beauty and sexualityAccording to one version of Aphrodite's story, because of her immense beauty Zeus fears that the other gods will become violent with each other in their rivalry to possess her. To forestall this, he forces her to marry Hephaestus, the dour, humorless god of smithing.According to Hesiod and the Homeric hymn on Aphrodite, the goddess after rising from the foam first approached the island of Cythera, and thence went to Cyprus, and as she was walking on the sea-coast flowers sprang up under her feet, and Eros and Himeros accompanied her to the assembly of the other great gods, all of whom were struck with admiration and love when she appeared, and her surpassing beauty made every one desire to have her for his wife.//www.arealme.com/which-ancient-greek-god-are-you/show/10.png
- Demeter03123Goddess of agriculture, harvest, fertility and sacred law.Demeter was the goddess of fertility and agriculture. She was an important goddess for farmers and women. Demeter was also associated with the underworld.The Thesmophoria was a festival for women only that was dedicated to Demeter. The festival was celebrated all over Greece. Women would sacrifice piglets to the goddess. On the second day of the festival they would fast, and on the last day they would have a large feast.//www.arealme.com/which-ancient-greek-god-are-you/show/11.png
- Hestia02123Goddess of the hearth, home, domesticity, family, and the stateHestia received the first offering at every sacrifice in the household. In the public domain, the hearth of the prytaneum functioned as her official sanctuary. With the establishment of a new colony, flame from Hestia's public hearth in the mother city would be carried to the new settlement.HESTIA was the virgin goddess of the hearth (both private and municipal) and the home. As the goddess of the family hearth she also presided over the cooking of bread and the preparation of the family meal. Hestia was also the goddess of the sacrificial flame and received a share of every sacrifice to the gods. The cooking of the communal feast of sacrificial meat was naturally a part of her domain.//www.arealme.com/which-ancient-greek-god-are-you/show/12.png