澳洲英語的表達可能會讓講英語的人，特別是講美式英語的人有些不明所以。澳洲英語在每一個區域的變化不大，但是在澳洲之外的人可能會覺得有些表達很奇怪。但有一件事是可以肯定的，澳洲人從來不說Throw another shrimp on the barbie而是用prawn。
- If you just had a pash, what did you just do?Drank a passionfruit fizzy drink.Kissed someone.Had a very small car crash.Stuffed yourself on junk food.
- If someone is a huge sook, what are they?A racistA big sports fanA moody so-and-soSomeone who loves to pull practical jokes
- If someone just gave you a stubbie holder for Christmas, what would you do with it (if using it correctly)?Put your cigarette butts in it.Use it to prevent unfortunate sporting accidents.Put your beer bottle in it.Use it to protect ticket stubs at concerts and events.
- Where would you find budgie smugglers?In jailIn a jewellery shopAt the cinemaAt the beachIn a zoo
- If you were going to do some hard yakka, what would you most likely wear?A pair of BlundstonesA bullet-proof vestA suitA pair of tights or running shoesAn apron
- What's a Pom?Something cheerleaders use.Something a girl wears in her hair.Something you put on the Christmas tree.Someone from England.A native Australian bird.
- Where would you be most likely to find a sanger?At a cricket match.In a tool box.On a barbie.In your lunchbox.On top of the telly.
- If someone is getting stroppy, what are they doing?Going to the shop to get the snacks for a party.Putting on weight.Getting lazy.Getting into a bad mood.
- If you say, "Johnno was on the turps last night," what are you saying?Johnno was playing computer games all night.Johnno was having sex all night.Johnno was on night shift last night.Johnno was out drinking last night.
- Where would you find the Toaster?In the fridge.In Melbourne.Next to the Opera House.On the Gold Coast.
- What does it mean to "go berko"?To yell and scream like a crazy person.To go off travelling without having any plan.To suddenly stop drinking or smoking completely.To run out of money.
- What is a 'bogan'?Something used to slow cars down.When you've snuck into the cinema for free.An uncultured person.A really ugly tattoo.
- If you "chuck a u-ie", what do you do?Vomit.Yell and scream at someone.Make a perfect shot in basketball.Turn your car around.
- If you're doing "the walk of shame", what are you doing?Doing a lap of the block after you've failed to sink any balls in a pool game.Walking home in the morning after a big night out and still wearing the same clothes.Walking around the edge of the soccer field with the other team's guernsey on your head after you've caused your team to lose.Walking to get your ball in golf after you've hit it into another fairway.
- What does it mean to "rock up"?Dress up in really cool clothes (matching chic hair included).To arrive at a place or event.To stuff up some kind of presentation or performance.To block up or fill in a hole with rocks.
- Where do you usually get nits?At school.At the beach.From a drug dealer.From a bottle shop.From a fabric shop.
- Why might someone "chuck a sickie"?Their favourite team just scored the winning goal.They'd just guzzled a litre of beer.They purposely wanted to hurt a player on the opposite team.Their friend had offered them free tickets to a weekday event where they could meet their favourite star.
- Why would you need a sparky?You'd blown a fuse at home and couldn't fix it.You felt depressed.You were having a big birthday party.To help you park your car correctly.
- Where would it be appropriate to wear tracky daks (for most people)?To a job interview.To an awards night.At the office.Around the house.
- What is a dog's breakfast?A project or job that's in a mess.A puddle of vomit on the ground.A breakfast that tastes disgusting.Leftovers from last night's dinner.