Are you a true Potterhead? Try this "Harry Potter" Book vs. Movie Quiz.
Harry Potter is a series of seven fantasy novels written by British author J.K. Rowling from 1997 to 2007. These books were later adapted into eight movies by the American production company, Warner Brothers’ Studios. The final novel was turned into two movies due to the intricacies of the final book and the studio's wish to do the story justice. Due to the focus on visual effects and the length of the movies, some details of the original books did not appear in the Warner Brothers’ adaptations.
Are you a devoted Harry Potter fan? Have you memorized the plot of the books and the movies by heart? Come and participate in the Harry Potter Book vs. Movie Quiz to test how meticulous you are about the finer details, and just how much you love this series!
- The name “Wool's Orphanage” in the original books did not appear in the movies.TrueFalse
- The Sorting Hat did not speak directly to people in the original books, but could be heard when wearing it.TrueFalse
- In the books, there were more than a dozen Hippogriffs in the paddock, while in the movies there were only two.TrueFalse
- In the books, Aragog had severe cataracts in all eight eyes.TrueFalse
- In the first book and movie, the species of the python that chatted with Harry Potter in the reptile house was different. Choose which was in the book and which was in the movie.Brazilian python (book); Burmese python (movie)Burmese python (book); Brazilian python (movie)
- According to the books, which creature was the Basilisk most afraid of?EagleRoosterMousePhoenix
- In the first book, Hagrid and Harry didn't leave the island in the rain the night that they met, but the next morning. How did they leave?By using Floo PowderBy leaving through the doorBy broomBy boat
- In the books, Mr. Weasley won the Daily Prophet's Golden Galleons Grand Prize. How many Galleons did he receive?7008009001000
- In the books, Harry Potter told the truth in an exclusive interview with Rita Skeeter. Where was this interview published?The QuibblerWizards WeeklyThe Daily ProphetThe Sunday Prophet
- Which of the following plots was not incorporated into the movies?Voldemort embracing Malfoy in the final battleSeveral students hiding in rose bushes to kiss during the Yule BallDudley falling into the pit of the reptile houseBellatrix carving “Mudblood” on Hermione's arm with dagger
- Which of the following characters from the original books made an appearance in the movies?HarperPeevesProfessor BinnsRomilda Vane
- In the Gryffindor vs. Ravenclaw Quidditch match in the books, who was the Ravenclaw Seeker?Cho ChangLuna LovegoodMyrtle WarrenAnthony Goldstein
- In the original books, the Sorting ceremony was not carried out according to the importance of the characters, but according to... ?GenderHeightMagical talentAlphabetical order by last name
- Which of the following plot points was not removed from the movies?Ron and Hermione becoming prefectsRon getting his new owl, "Piggy"Charlie Weasley working for the Order of the PhoenixSirius appearing in the news about Muggle criminals
- In the books, what did the scar on Dumbledore's left knee look like?The London EyeThe London Underground mapA map of HogwartsA tattoo of his sister
- Which of the following spells was used in the movies, but not in the books?ExpelliarmusArresto MomentumObliviateMobiliabrus
- [check]In the first book, why did Snape deduct two points from Harry Potter in his first Potions class?He was late for classHe didn't answer the questionHe whispered to HermioneNeville made a mistake, and Harry didn't warn himOK, next question
- [check] In the books, Hagrid not only brought Harry a cake, but also made... ?Hot teaPizzaGrilled sausagesChocolateOK, next question
- [check]In the books, Harry returned to Privet Drive at the end of first year. Besides Hedwig, which of Harry's belongings were also locked up?BooksWandRobesBroomstickOK, next question
- [sort] Please arrange in order the Christmas presents given from the Dursleys, Ron, Hermione, and Mrs Weasley to Harry in 1992.A toothpick and a letter"Flying with the Cannons"An Eagle Feather QuillA Sweater and Raisin CakeSorted, get the result →